SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Assorted 12"x 12" cardstock
- Embroidery thread, yarn or string: assorted colors
- Glue pen
- Paper punch
- Cutting surface
- Metal ruler
- Glue two pieces of cardstock together, then cut out a base rectangle to the size you desire (you may want to curve the corners).
- Cut additional pieces of cardstock to decorate the bookmarks.
- Attach the colored accent pieces using your glue pen.
- Punch a hole into the bookmark in the center at the top or bottom.
- Tie embroidery thread, yarn or any colored string to make a tassel.
- Snip the ends of the tassel for a clean neat finish.
Tips and Tricks:
Bookmarks can be simple animal or nature shapes such as dog, cat, flowers or bugs. This is very simple. Some animal or fruit shapes can be downloaded as a cropping reference. This way your DIY bookmarks will have more creativity.
You can also dress up the bookmarks with cute phrases or inspirational quotes.