- 12"x 12" scrapbook paper in desired patterns
- Scissors(Children should pay attention to safety)
- Glue stick
- String for hanging
- Pattern templates
1. To print the patterns, As the picture shows below
2. Cut out the pieces as shown on the pattern templates.
3. Fold along the dotted lines.
4. Glue the side pieces together to create a top half and bottom half.
5. Thread a piece of hanging string through the top half, knotting one end.
6. And tape it to the inside of the piece.
7. Glue together the top and bottom pieces.
8. Repeat for each shape.
Craft Hack Tips and Tricks:
1. If the lantern doesn’t seem secure, hot glue can be used to put some of the sides together.
2. The selected paper has a certain thickness, otherwise, it is difficult to maintain the shape. But the same, so the lantern can not light. So when you choose, you can match a variety of patterns of paper to create your favorite combination.
3. Let the children do their hands and hang their work in their bedroom. Tell your child that everything you like can be created with your own hands.